· Joey Logano started 30th in Sunday afternoon’s Gander Outdoors 400 at Pocono Raceway in the No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion. Logano suffered minor damage to the nose of the Shell-Pennzoil Ford on the initial start when Corey LaJoie slowed significantly in Turn 1. The team patched the nose on the first pit stop of the afternoon after Logano described the handling of the car as “inconsistent” at the start of the race, battling both tight and loose conditions.

· The Shell-Pennzoil crew was able to repair the nose successfully during a pit stop in lap 27 while also completing a four-tire stop complete with an air pressure adjustment. Logano reported the car was slightly free on initial takeoff and added that the gear temperatures were high. Logano would be credited with a 22nd-place finish in the opening segment of the race. During the stage caution on lap 53, crew chief Todd Gordon made additional repairs to the nose, replacing their original work with a more detailed fabricated patch on the hole.

· Throughout the second stage, Logano reported that he felt a vibration down the straightaway. Under caution, the temperatures would subside and the vibration would minimize. Handling-wise Logano still lacked security on entry in Turns 2 and 3, despite multiple air pressure adjustments but he rebounded to score an 11th-place finish in Stage 2.

· Throughout the final stage, the handling of the No. 22 Ford Fusion improved as Logano worked his way from 18th to 12th position. A flat right-rear tire forced Logano to make an unscheduled stop under green on lap 140. The misfortune not only dropped Logano a lap down to the race leaders but also used up the team’s final set of sticker tires. Logano would soldier on over the final 24 laps to collect a 27th-place finish.



“We started the day behind and struggled a bit to get the handling right on our Shell-Pennzoil Ford. Unfortunately, once we got the car right, I made contact with the No. 42 (Kyle Larson) in the Tunnel Turn and ended up cutting a right rear. From there we just struggled to the finish. We’ll regroup and head to Watkins Glen International next week.”